Scott Davenport J.D., M.B.A.
Since 2004, Scott has maintained the highest rating, AV Preeminent, from Martindale Hubbell, a peer review rating organization. In 2006, and 2010-2017, H-Texas Magazine recognized Scott as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People for Personal Injury Litigation. Scott has been recognized as a Top Rated AV Preeminent Lawyer with a practice area in Commercial Litigation by The American Lawyer Magazine. Scott was also honored as having made Houstonia Magazine’s 2013-2015 Top Lawyers list. The list was created by an unbiased third party board created to hand pick the top legal professionals in Houston.
Scott was also selected as a Texas Super Lawyer in Personal Injury Law since 2016 to the present. Only 5% of attorneys in Texas receive this distinction.
In 2017, Scott was accepted as a member in The American Board of Trial Advocates, a select group of trial lawyers whose primary purpose is to promote and pressure the civil jury trial and to elevate the standards of integrity, honor, and courtesy in the legal profession.
Scott has received his Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (“T.W.I.C.”) issued by the Transportation Security Administration and U.S. Coast Guard. The TWIC card gives Scott unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, outer continental shelf facilities, and vessels regulated under the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002, or MTSA, and all U.S. Coast Guard credentialed merchant mariners.
Scott has been married for over 25 years and is an active member of St. Martha’s Catholic Church. He coached girls soccer for the Texas Heatwave, for 8 years, served as Cubmaster and Assistant Den Leader for Cub Scout Pack 909 in Humble, Texas, for 4 years, and served as the Scoutmaster for Boy Scout Troop 1922 in Atascocita, Texas (2012-2020). For nearly 10 years, he served as the Executive Producer and a castmember for the annual production of Nightcourt, an all lawyer musical, acting, dancing “Broadway-esque” show performed at the largest venues in Houston (Hobby Center and Wortham Center), which has raised over $1,300,000 for local legal charities. He currently served as a Board Member and Treasurer for Nightcourt. He is a die-hard Boston Red Sox fan and a long-time season ticket holder for the Houston Texans and Texas Longhorns Football.
- Juris Doctor, University of Tulsa College of Law, 1994
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Tulsa, 1994
- B.S. Business Administration, University of Rhode Island, 1990
(Double Major: Finance and Marketing)
- Arizona, 2013
- Minnesota, 2006
- Texas, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1999
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award – Commercial Law and Transactions (1994)
- Houston’s Top Lawyers for the Peoplefor Personal Injury Litigation, H Texas Magazine(2006; 2010-2017)
- Top Rated AV Preeminent Lawyer-Commercial Litigation, American Lawyer Magazine(2013, 2018-2020)
- TOP LAWYERS, HoustoniaMagazine (2013-2017)
- AV PreeminentRating by Martindale Hubbell (2004-present)
- Texas Super Lawyers – Personal Injury, (2016-present)
- Best of the Bestby The American Registry (2015-present)
- America’s Most Honored Professionalsand Top 1% Litigators by The American Registry (2015-present)
- Superb Rated Attorneyby AVVO (2012-present)
- Nation’s Top One Percentby National Association of Distinguished Counsel (2016, 2018)
- Top Attorneys in Texasby Texas Monthly (2016-2018)
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Member (2017-present)
- Texas Bar Foundation – Fellow (2017-present)